Monday, June 24, 2013

Meet one of our coaches: Doy Charnsupharindr

Doy Charnsupharindr
In 1995, Doy left his homeland of Thailand to study in the United States.  He had one goal in mind--to make the most of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that he was given.  Eighteen years later, that same goal still motivates Doy every day. In fact, it's been the main message he instills in all of his students and the people he coaches.  "I think of my life each day as a page in the autobiography I'm writing," he said.  "To decide if I want to do something or not, I ask myself: 'Do I want this to be a story in my book?'  And if the answer is 'yes,' then I know I should do it."  This thinking motivated Doy to make the bold career change in 2012 from the financial industry to the work he does now in education, training, and coaching.  He's since taught at UC Berkeley, UC Davis, and the Berlin School for Creative Leadership in Germany.  He's also led many workshops in the USA, Asia, and the Middle East for leading high technology, consulting, and financial services firms, as well as non-profit and governmental organizations.

As frequently as he is asked how he decided to switch careers, he is asked how he reconciles being both a Stanford graduate and a Cal alum  - Doy got his B.A. in Economics from Stanford and did his M.B.A. at the Haas School of Business, UC Berkeley.  "It's easy," he replies with a big smile. "I just say I get the best of both worlds!"  It's the same way he thinks about his life--having lived half of it so far in Thailand and the other half in the United States. "I grew up in a multicultural and multilingual family, so I have always valued diversity of ideas and perspectives. It's what makes this job so rewarding for me."  Now, Doy’s goal as a coach and instructor is to be the catalyst for others to discover their full potential as an authentic leader and inspirational communicator.  Or as Doy reminds us, "just think about what stories you'd want to write in your autobiography."

2 comments:

  1. Executive Coaching to help executives gain a vision and develop leadership skills. We'll help you more clearly see your way to job performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Executive coaching is more than just a management fad, it’s a tool for personal training to enhance a leader’s ability to not only become a better leader today, but also how to self-generate learning in the future.

    Executive coaching Toronto

    ReplyDelete