Thursday, June 27, 2013

Inspiring stories from the 2012 Berkeley Executive Coaching Institute participants.

Some of our 2012 participants were inspired to write blogs of their experience at the Berkeley Executive Coaching Institute.
  • Read how Dan Kimble (Founder: Resonance Executive Coaching) found the intersection of Leadership, Executive Coaching, Vulnerability and Love.
  • Read how Carmen Lence (Founder: NextGen), stepped outside of her comfort zone.
  • Read how Megs Holliday (Coach, Therapist, Teacher) found her voice.


"When I had my first real encounter with Executive Coaching as a part of earning my MBA in the Berkeley-Columbia Executive MBA program, I was completely astounded to see first hand the incredible power of displaying vulnerability as a leader.

Fast forward a few years and a career change into Executive Coaching, and I've returned to the Haas School of Business to earn a certificate in Executive Coaching, focused on mastering Executive Coaching skills. 

The environment of vulnerability, authenticity and love led us all to aspire to be our best selves no matter how little sleep we got, stretch ourselves in ways we never would have imagined, and inspired each of us to bring our uniquely powerful authentic presence to the world."

Dan Kimble (Founder: Resonance Executive Coaching).

"It is a warm Saturday afternoon in the Seaborg room at Berkeley Faculty Club.  I’m standing in front of a group of CEOs, managers and a few coaches that I just met a couple of hours ago. Next to me is Dr. Mark Rittenberg who is feeding me lines that I have to complete for everybody to hear: “What I want you to know about me is…” and words start coming out of my mouth, without filter, while Mark encourages me to speak slower and louder, urging me to look my audience in the eye. Next line… and I reveal another piece of my soul, next line… and another piece, next line … and tears start pooling my eyes while my words expose, for everyone to see, my soul stark naked.

You may wonder if I am a bit nuts and this was some kind of group therapy… not exactly. I was on the first day of my training to become a certified executive coach at the Executive Coaching Institute at UC Berkeley. I was one of the 24 participants that, every year, come from all over the world to take part in this transformative experience where, after 10 days of intense emotional, physical and mental immersion in the extraordinary world created by Dr. Mark Rittenberg and his team, you not only become a better coach, CEO or leader, but, quite simply, a better human being…"

Carmen Lence (Founder: NextGen).

"Last year I attended a life changing workshop in Berkeley, San Francisco.  One of the components was voice coaching – in terms of learning to project ones voice with clarity and confidence.  Being a fairly reserved person – especially in a setting where quite honestly, I felt way out of my depth – little ‘ol me, no corporate background, surrounded by a whole lot of way more experienced executives.

That being said – it turned out that I actually quite enjoyed the voice classes – well, for the most part.  The exception being the day we were required to sing.  Yes, sing. Out loud."

Megs Holliday (Coach, Therapist, Teacher).


6 comments:

  1. Executive coaching is important to help organizations improve performance through leadership development.

    Executive coaching Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Executive coaching and business coach evolved from the corporate education and training world. The fee structure for coaching also has roots within this same world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I appreciated what you have done here. I am always searching for informative information like this. Thanks for sharing with us!
    online coaching development

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this post the executive coaching.leadership coaching,you self improvement programming also Leadership coach India | Executive coaching Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tips. extremely well-written, keyword-oriented and incredibly beneficial. their really interesting to a lot followers. I seriously get pleasure from this specific, thanks.
    amy walker consulting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Momentum Coaching is the best NEET coaching in Gorakhpur in betihata chowk, Gorakhpur, UP. Momentum providing a 2 yrs course for NEET students after 10.

    Best Coaching for IIT JEE

    ReplyDelete